A detailed build diary of how my R6 (Emy) Astromech was constructed.
Wednesday, 26 October 2011
New Head drive wheel
Zoe seems to be getting all the attention lately so I thought I might do some general maintenance on Emy. It was a good job I did as I noticed that the rubber wheel that drives the MDF ring that moves the head had completely worm away. I noticed that Emys head was not moving as fast as normal at the ASDA event but I put that down to low battery power as Emy had not been fully charged up for that event. On closer inspection though it looks like the rubber on the drive wheel has worn away, I suppose than is not bad considering that Emy will be two years old this christmas.
A new rubber drive wheel has now been constructed and fitted, new bearings fitted in the main head bearing and now she is as good as new with a very fast moving head.