Emy

Emy

Wednesday 13 January 2010

In the beginning.


The Main body and legs are all constructed out of MDF. At this stage I was starting to work on a bit of detailing on the body, mainly because I still did not have the dome.
I had by a lucky chance found a perfect size dome on ebay. I was one of those 360 degree dome ceiling mirrors and even though it was not quite the correct height the diameter was perfect. Also being made of plexi glass it is very easy to work with. I have done loads of computer cases with this material before and even though some people may say it is hard to work with I find it very easy.
After purchasing the dome all I had to do was not wait for it to arrive but in the meantime I could do some work on the body. It is a real shame I did not keep a photo record from the begining of the build as I did when I built my K9. If you check out this link to my galleries you can see the K9 and full photo album of the R2D2 build.  http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/podpadstudio



No comments:

Post a Comment