Emy

Emy

Monday 15 February 2010

R6: Body pannels




Posted by PicasaI did not want to spend a great deal of money on pre cut skins so looked for a way to create the illusion of pannels but without pannels. On my first R2 I just stuck on surface details. The problem with this is that the pannels do not look resessed. The method I came up with was to score the outer hardboard body. The danger here is that if the channels I cut were to deep the tension in the hardboard cylinder would tear the cylinder and I would have to start on the body all over again. I  cut all the channels by hand with a craft knife, the blade marked with a height level to stop a deep cut.. Once all sanded out and primed they look great. At a later date I will cut some of the doors out and use them as access panels for the internal electronics.

No comments:

Post a Comment