Emy

Emy

Friday 29 October 2010

New Periscope




Posted by PicasaI decided to add a periscope to the head after playing around with the idea for a few weeks. One of the crowd pleasers when Emy does events is the head mounted radar scanner so I thought adding a periscope would be a nice touch. The main problem I had with the periscope is that I did not want it to be the same as the R2D2 unit as I am not building an R2 unit. The design I came up with is very simple but seems to fit in well with Emy's overal design. It is a simple tube with a cut away tpo section hosuing a few radar eye elements. The top section houses a motion sensor which triggers a powerful strobe providing a nice look when it is raised. The mechanism to rasie the periscope is simplicity itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment